Training for the FORTitude
HOW TO GET READY
Step 1: Buy running shoes. Don’t overthink it. If they fit well and you can run comfortably in them, they’ll work.
Step 2: Run. The simplest plan is just walk or jog 3x a week for 30 minutes. Start slow. Walk as much as you need to. Jog as much as you can. Take time to rest and recover.
Step 3: Go FORT and Conquer! Enjoy yourself. Be part of a Fort Collins Labor Day tradition. Have fun. You earned it.
IS THIS YOUR FIRST 10K?
We’re here to help! Get ready for your first 10K with our beginners training plan. This schedule is only a guide, so feel free to make modifications to suit your schedule and comfort level.
Join A Running Club!
If you need some motivation or simply want to meet fellow friendly runners, join one of these front range running clubs.
- Fort Collins Running Club – Fort Collins
- Revolution Running – Fort Collins
- Runners Roost – Fort Collins
- Fort Collins Trail Runners – Fort Collins
- North FOCO Pub Runners – Fort Collins
- Altitude Running – Fort Collins
- Sterling Run For Fun – Sterling
- Loveland Running Club – Loveland
- Fleet Of Feet Run Club – Greeley
- Mile High Runners – Erie